How to set up a psychomotricity room?
CLICK THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE
I want to build a room of therapy and psychomotricity for children
How do I do it? “This is my personal project, and I want to do my best” If this is your thinking, at Tamdem we are willing to help. Our design and manufacturing experience, accumulated in the thirty years of existence that we have completed in 2015, we put at your disposal for free, both for your future business and to set up a psychomotor room in your own home.
HOW MANY M2 DO I HAVE AVAILABLE? WHAT AGES OF USERS WILL I attend? WHAT MATERIALS MUST I INCLUDE AT LEAST? WILL YOU ADVISE ME WITHOUT COMMITMENT? It is my hope and it will be my business! Contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by WhatsApp at +34 607 793 111 and ask us for your information request.
These are the different questions that we have received in our company by real users:
CASE 1. Psychomotor room at home
QUESTION: Hello Jorge, my name is Maria and I have 3 children, a boy of 4 years old and a half, another child of 2 (by the way, enough chilli, I mean moved) and a girl of 6 months. I have a free room of 15 m2 in my house and we will enable it as a psychomotor room. What psychomotor material do I use and how do I condition it?
ANSWER: I am glad to help you Maria. You do very well enabling a psychomotor room in your home, your children will thank you all of your life. It is preferable that they climb a ladder of psychomotor skills, be pulled down a psychomotor ramp and fall on a soft cushion to climb on the dining table, hit the peak of a chair, paint the walls and sofas or throw balls and hit the TV or a glass window …
CLICK THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE
I recommend the following material:
- 3 cm thick mats all over the floor. You give us the measurements and we will make them for you.
- The walls, pillars and radiators would line them to avoid accidental blows. You can see this material in our catalogue.
- Regarding the psychomotor material we offer a wide catalogue of products that you can acquire depending on the square meters that you plan to use, as well as the type of activity to which it will be allocated (crawling, dragging, braking, jumping, stability, coordination). The recommendable thing for the homes is a track, some call it also gymkhana, a combination of several modules, or a Kombi. You can choose several modules and combine them with each other. I indicate the most used products: ladder with ramp, the house, sea waves, therapy curlers, cubes, parallelepipeds, ball pools, cylinders, horses, rest groups, sticks, Kombis, corner of dreams, playground and even a braking staircase or a climbing wall if you have enough space… At the end of the text, you can see the technical characteristics of some of them.
If you don’t have a large budget, you must see our Outlet with cheaper products.
I also recommend that you give the material of psychomotricity in the birthdays, Kings or parties. Most parents are appalled by the mountains of toys are given by grandparents, brothers-in-law… where do all these toys end up? forgotten in a drawer. The psychomotor material is considered a timeless toy by the main user, the child.
Remember that I am at your disposal to help you organize it. Write to me at email@example.com or call me at WhatsApp 607 793 111
25 years ago we recorded a video with autistic, visually impaired and hearing children. … You will love to see it ATTENTION! The children that appear in this video have physical and mental deficiencies.
CASE 2. Room of therapy for kids
QUESTION: Dear Jorge, my name is Antonio. We have decided to set up a 65m2 children’s therapy room between three people (Izaskun, Gema and myself).
For us, it is a very important decision and we do not want to make a mistake. I have some doubts about the psychomotricity material and about the installation of some of them. We are also disoriented in terms of the types of mats and tatami, lined walls, etc.
My doubts are the following ones:
Tamdem has a catalogue of over 1,000 infant psychomotor products, but although I have more or less clear which material to buy … Can you guide me or lend a hand on specific materials such as cubes, parallelepipeds, kombis, arcs of stimulation, curlers of therapy, stairs and ramps of psychomotricity, sticks and other figures of psychomotricity? What types of covers and colours does Tamdem offer? Do you offer pieces of psychomotor skills to measure or only sell the measures that come in the catalogue?
As regards mats and tatamis… What is the difference between the two products? Can you supply us with floor mats as well as wall coverings and other elements for pillars, radiators, etc? What thickness and colours do you recommend? What are the main characteristics of each of them?
I’m going to install a climbing wall and a braking ladder. Is it difficult to assemble everything? How thick are the receiving mats? How big are the bracket ladders and what do you recommend? Do the braking ladders also need reception mats?
CLICK THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE (Images of Integra Gijon)
ANSWER: Hi Antonio, it’s a pleasure to help you.
We go by parts:
Of course, we can supply both mats and tatami mats since we are a factory.
There are users who call all mats and others call Tatamis only 3 cm mats that have a density a little higher than normal. The tatamis are very good for walking on them more stable or also for children to catch and fall on them from a height of 20 or 25 cm. The mats of 5 cm thick are used in receptions of falls of up to 50 cm or so and are very safe to walk on them although they are not as rigid as the tatami.
The colours are varied (blue, green, red …) and the covers can be polyester, softer, or PVC, harder. What bags do we recommend? Although for tastes the colours, on mats I recommend you without a doubt PVC and, if it is going to have a lot of traffic, we would choose a PVC of high resistance that I will explain to you, and that even allows the use of shoes.
2.- WALLING OF WALLS, PILLARS, CORNERS AND RADIATORS
In any psychomotor room, we have to avoid situations of danger. Above all, accidental knocks against a corner or a radiator are very typical and easily avoidable.
And how can we avoid dangerous situations and ensure the safety of a user in a psychomotor room?
Very easy. Tamdem offers panels for the lining of walls, pillars, corners and radiators, which do not require work and which are very easy to install.
The psychomotor, multipurpose rooms, playgrounds or any room will gain in security and will have a new image thanks to these panels of very easy placement. Each panel includes a rigid back attached to a foam board. The fabric that covers it is fire-retardant M2, waterproof and soft to the touch, without phthalates in its composition. The fastening to the wall is by means of a hidden screw, or by fastening velcro that resists unexpected pulls. The assembly is very easy, you just have to measure the walls to be lined and Tamdem makes the panels according to the measurements. We have various colours and the outer case is made of high resistance PVC.
A room for example with red upholstery produces an extraordinary visual impact. In this way, your psychomotor room will gain both security and image.
3.- CLIMBING WALL
The installation of a Tamdem climbing wall does not require specialists. The important thing is that you send us the exact measurements. We supply the climbing wall in 220×120 cm panels with installation instructions, and the reception mats joined by velcros.
4.- BRAKING LADDER
Tamdem offers 3 types of braking ladders with measurements according to Dr. Doman’s method of physical excellence (length: 1.5m, 2m and 3m, width: 50cm, height: 2m). The bracer is adjustable in height so that it can be used by users of different heights and ages. It is a very stable ladder that perfectly supports the weight of an adult. It is not necessary to fix them to the ground, so we can easily move them inside the room. The assembly is very simple (we have videos of assembly of the stairs)
CLICK THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE
5.- PSYCHOMOTRICITY MATERIAL
I understand your doubts and nervousness when buying psychomotor skills; especially before an important decision to start a business that can condition the rest of your life. Quiet that at Tamdem we have been designing and manufacturing psychomotricity material for 30 years. Realize that the material you are going to acquire allows you to cover different ages and types of exercises.
Assuming you have extensive knowledge about psychomotor skills, here are some of our products:
– Ladder and large ramp (provide children with jumping experiences, losing the fear of the same, rise and balance transmitting confidence in their movements, also contributing to their global psychomotor development and increasing their self-confidence).
– Therapy curlers (very good for disinhibiting, making the child aware of the sensation of turning and discovering the inside-out concept) The educator allows him to have an exact sense of the child’s overall needs in his perfect sensorimotor development).
– Cubes and parallelepipeds (of great interest for psychomotor activities, its use is directed by the professional an excellent showcase to discover deficiencies related to motor control).
– Sticks (they are soft and favour the release of energy and innate aggression in the child).
– Stimulation arcs (they favour the coordination of movement through crawling and crawling).
– Geometric figures (for learning colours and geometric shapes through the game).
– Construction parts (to make comparison games – sizes, shapes, measurements – while improving overall coordination by transporting parts).
– Various games (human body, seven cube, puzzle, chips and dice … items that by themselves and independently will serve the professional to make an assessment of the cognitive balance of the child).
– Kombis (The latest in Tamdem I + D + I to stimulate psychomotricity in children up to age 5. Easy to handle pieces, compatible between them in measures that adapt, by equipment, in the space that you can reserve them, either at home or in the educational centre).
See the rest of the products in the catalogs that Tamdem puts at your disposal in:
1.- Psychomotor between 0 and 12 years – (Click here to see the catalogue)
Within this catalogue PSYCHOMOTRICITY FROM 0 TO 12 YEARS you will find ideas for the psychomotricity room, children’s classrooms, playrooms and in general any space used “by” children and designed “for” children with free activities or directed by the educator or the psychomotor.
2.- Sensory Integration and Occupational Therapy rooms – (Click here to see the catalogue)
This catalogue will help you to equip the Sensory Integration, Occupational Therapy, Neurorehabilitation Multisensory and Snoezelen rooms.
3.- Technical help for handicapped people (especially for cerebral palsy) – (Click here to see the catalogue)
The products in this catalog are suitable for people with alterations in their
bodily functionality (especially for people with cerebral palsy), not pursuing any therapeutic purpose ..
We have divided this catalog into three areas: 1) Therapy, 2) Mobility and 3) Postural.
In this catalogue we show all the products we have designed to improve comfort, relaxation, through the positioning provided by these articles, without pursuing any therapeutic purpose.
4.- Brachiation ladders, vestibular swings, wall bars and padding protection – (Click here to see the catalogue)
5.- Safety padding (walls, columns, pillars, radiators, floors, sport facilities) – (Click here to see the catalogue)
Very usefull to protect the dangerous areas of a room or space to prevent accidents
OTHER ARTICLES OF INTEREST:
- Psychomotricity activity as a solution of childhood obesity (click to read)
- Benefits of Climbing walls (click to read).
- Brachiation ladders: Benefits and how to use them? (click to read).
- Technical help for handicapped people (especially for cerebral palsy) (click to read).
- What is the use of child psychomotricity? (click to read).
- Equipments for Early Stimulation rooms and their relationship with brain plasticity (click to read).
- Benefits of natural psychomotricity (click to read)
- How to set up a psychomotor room at home? (click to read)
- Unknown pleasures of psychomotor skills (click to read)
- Mats for psychomotricity, occupational therapy, early stimulation rooms and gymnastics (click to read)
- How to perform psychomotor activities at home (click to read)
WE ARE A BRAND
WE ARE TAMDEM